A selection of my notes from The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath
3 principles to bolster pride:
- Recognize others
- Multiple meaningful milestones
- Practice courage
- We dramatically underinvest in recognition - 80% of managers say they regularly express appreciation but less than 20% of employees agree
- Effective recognition is personal, not programmatic
- Surface milestones that would have gone unnoticed
3 strategies to create moments that knit groups together:
- Create synchronized moment
- Invite shared struggle
- Connect to meaning
- Strangers who performed a painful task together (submerging hand in ice water) bonded more. Hazing could be an example of this.
This post is for subscribers only
Sign up now to read the post and get access to the full library of posts for subscribers only.
Sign up now
Already have an account? Sign in
You’ve successfully subscribed to The Knowledge
Welcome back! You’ve successfully signed in.
Great! You’ve successfully signed up.
Success! Your email is updated.
Your link has expired
Success! Check your email for magic link to sign-in.